White Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprints
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Place nuts in another shallow bowl. Shape dough into 1-in. balls. Dip in egg whites, then roll in nuts.
- Using a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in center of each cookie. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each cookie. Top each with about 1/4 teaspoon jam. Store in an airtight container.
Dec 4, 2017
These cookies are lovely, and so tasty! I'll definitely be making them again.
Jun 22, 2017
The combination of cocoa, white chocolate and raspberry jam is awesome!! This is a winner.
Sep 3, 2016
I made these cookies a few years back as part of a homemade cookie assortment I was giving to friends and co-workers as Christmas gifts. They were my favorite! Not too sweet, and very fancy looking. I'm starting to make my cookie list this year, and these will definitely be at the top of the list!
Jun 26, 2015
everyone loves these cookies and want the recipe. yummmmy
Feb 8, 2014
These were eaten so quickly and had a great taste!
Jan 5, 2012
These are pretty and delicious. I would definitely make them again, as they were one of my favorite cookies that I made this year. My only complaint was they were too sticky to store easily, even in the freezer.
Dec 21, 2011
I made these last year for Christmas, I made over a dozen different types of cookies, and I loved these the best. They are making my list for this year! (which is a MUCH shorter list than last year)
Nov 23, 2011
My 30+ y/o son already asked me to make these again for Christmas--they are wonderful
Aug 8, 2011
GOOD CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Feb 7, 2011
I'm in love with these cookies. Made them for Christmas cookie platters. Every one really enjoyed and kept asking what was in them. Made then exactly as written. I would certainly double the recipe next year not only so there are more but so they are bigger. When making the ball sizes as instructed there wasn't enough room to place the instructed amount of fillings inside. Although it was the first go at it! Will make again.. and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.