Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry or apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in egg yolk and extract. Gradually beat in flour. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape into 3/4-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Press a deep indentation in center of each with your thumb.
- Bake 12-14 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Fill each with 1/4 teaspoon preserves; cool completely. Freeze option: Freeze unfilled cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw in covered containers and fill with preserves.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 78 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 13, 2018
The dough itself has a nice delicate crumb. I wanted a cookie that had baked jam....So I added jam before baking (at 325 for 15 mins). I used the end of a wooden spoon to make my 'divots' -- be careful not to go to deep with the hole. I had a couple of cookies lose their innards out the bottom. :) Also, used more vanilla than almond extract but enough to equal the measurement in the recipe. My try it with different extracts or only vanilla in the future as we already have so many almond cookies for Christmas cookie trays.
Nov 29, 2012
I added Vanilla instead of the almond extract and used stawberry jam. I also made up a icing and drizzled it over the cookies after they cooled. Excellent and my two sons and husband could not eat them fast enough!
Dec 14, 2010
I liked these cookies, but i think they had a little too much almond extract. my parents loved them!
Dec 15, 2008
I'll be making these tomorrow (12/16/08) to give as Christmas gifts. Thank you for sharing this recipe.Sincerely,