With its crispy pecan coating and creamy mustard sauce, this easy-to-prepare chicken can sure perk up a meal. Cayenne pepper puts a little zip into each bite, but I think my husband likes this dish just for the sauce. -Marjorie MacDonald Huntsville, Ontario
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch salt
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg. Dip chicken in egg, then roll in pecan mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in a oil for 15-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pecan-Crusted Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p30
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pecan-Crusted Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review