Pear Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cubed peeled ripe pears (about 3 medium)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches), broken in half
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the pears, water, ginger and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until the cranberries have popped and sauce is slightly thickened, stirring several items.
- Discard cinnamon sticks. Mash sauce if desired. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: about 2 cups.
Reviews for Pear Cranberry Sauce(3)
Sort By :
This was a hit, even with some who only eat the jellied sauce out of a can. This is a new traditional dish for me!
Even family members who don't like cranberry sauce like this recipe! It's been a Thanksgiving hit since I started making it four years ago.
I made this last Thanksgiving and it was a hit! I substituted the fresh pears for canned, and added them toward the end of the cooking process. I also used some of the pear juice for water, so I was able to use less sugar.