Garlic and oregano enhance the seafood flavor of this delicious main dish. "An Italian friend of my mom's passed on the recipe to her, and I began preparing it when I was 14," writes Kelli Soike of Tallahassee, Florida. "For convenience, it can be made in advance...and leftovers are just as good."
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, saute garlic and anchovies in oil for 3 minutes, breaking up anchovies. Stir in the clam juice, clams, water, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Drain pasta; toss with clam sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pasta With White Clam Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta with White Clam Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2013
"My husband request this dish frequently."