Pasta with White Clam Sauce Recipe
Garlic and oregano enhance the seafood flavor of this delicious main dish. "An Italian friend of my mom's passed on the recipe to her, and I began preparing it when I was 14," writes Kelli Soike of Tallahassee, Florida. "For convenience, it can be made in advance...and leftovers are just as good."
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovies, undrained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) clam juice
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, undrained
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, saute garlic and anchovies in oil for 3 minutes, breaking up anchovies. Stir in the clam juice, clams, water, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half. Drain pasta; toss with clam sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pasta With White Clam Sauce in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Pasta with White Clam Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2013
"My husband request this dish frequently."