I was recently at a wedding reception where the menu was all small bites. Here’s my rendition of the pear pastries they served. They're the perfect combo of savory and sweet. —Arlene Erlbach, Morton Grove, Illinois
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons crumbled crisp pancetta or crumbled cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled ripe pear
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry dough. Using a 1-3/4-in. round cookie cutter, cut dough into 24 circles. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese, honey, salt and pepper until well blended. Fold in goat cheese, pancetta, pear and pecans.
- Halve each cooled pastry. Spoon cream cheese mixture over bottom pastry halves; cover with top halves. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pancetta, Pear & Pecan Puffs in Taste of Home November 2016, p90
Reviews for Pancetta, Pear & Pecan Puffs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review