Pancakes for One Recipe
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Butter and maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg; add buttermilk an oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup. Yield: 1 serving (3 pancakes).
Reviews for Pancakes for One(7)
Sort By :
Absolutely DELICIOUS!!..just added vanilla..Thanks!!
Just like the larger batches I used to make for my family! I'm alone so don't have all ingredients on hand. I used 1/2 tbsp white vinegar in milk in place of buttermilk, crushed walnuts instead of wheat germ. Added 1 teaspoon of sugar. PERFECTION!
Edit on that last review - sour milk - 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice
I didn't have buttermilk, so sub'd with sour milk (1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice). Only used a pinch of salt. Made more than enough for one.
this is the perfect amount for one person, but the pancakes were a little salty. next time i would add a little sugar to the batter
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast for Two >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes for Two >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >