- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Butter and maple syrup
- In a bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat egg; add buttermilk an oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup. Yield: 1 serving (3 pancakes).
Reviews for Pancakes for One
Sort By :
"Absolutely DELICIOUS!!..just added vanilla..Thanks!!"
"Just like the larger batches I used to make for my family! I'm alone so don't have all ingredients on hand. I used 1/2 tbsp white vinegar in milk in place of buttermilk, crushed walnuts instead of wheat germ. Added 1 teaspoon of sugar. PERFECTION!"
"Edit on that last review - sour milk - 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 tablespoon of lemon juice"
"I didn't have buttermilk, so sub'd with sour milk (1/2 cup of milk with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice). Only used a pinch of salt. Made more than enough for one."
"this is the perfect amount for one person, but the pancakes were a little salty. next time i would add a little sugar to the batter"