Banana Pancake for One
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup or spreadable fruit, optional
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Combine the banana, egg, and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup or spreadable fruit if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 323 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 212mg cholesterol, 272mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Jun 11, 2018
I used a Waffle Iron instead of a griddle or pan. This recipe makes a HUGE waffle! Very tasty and filling. Only change I made was to add a pinch of salt. This recipe has quickly become a Family Favourite. =^_^=
May 28, 2018
I forgot to include the vanilla extract the first time I made these, but they were still great regardless! I've been thinking about them ever since I made them a week ago!
Feb 7, 2017
Ok. These are really flavorful and cooked up a beautiful golden brown color. Smelled and tasted delicious. They are not a traditional pancake. More dense than fluffy. My daughter loved them.
May 28, 2012
Pretty good, my 10 year old daughter made these. They do turn out doughy in the middle if you don't cook them on real low and spread them out. I liked it that they have no milk or sugar and still tasted good! We may try to add a little water to thin them out next time so they will cook easier for the kids! We doubled the recipe and it made about 8 small pancakes. Would be fun to add other flavors to this.
Feb 16, 2012
Next time I am only using half a banana. It was too dense and was still runny in the middle.
Sep 27, 2011
Wonderful! And NO milk. What a great way to use up ripe bananas! Works well in the waffle iron, too.
Sep 11, 2011
This recipe makes 3 small pancakes! We added pecans for some texture and pumpkin pie spice for more flavor. These pancakes are dense not fluffy. Will make again.
Feb 14, 2009
This is a great recipe I am single and every recipe I have for pancakes makes way too much I tried this and it was the perfect size and it tastes great too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.