- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
"My husband & I LOVED this. We'll have this again real soon. The spinach was the best touch to this dish. V. Veal"
"I just made this today and it was absolutely delicious! I used the 5 leg quarters that I had on hand and left the skin on."
"quick, easy, and great flavor. Loved the spinach in this. I added some sweet red pepper chunks to mine as well. Really good."
"Loved this and will now serve it to company this Friday. I used boneless thighs and added mushrooms and red peppers to the potatoes. All cooked in 30 minutes on parchment paper instead of spray oil. The spices are a perfect blend with the veggies and chicken."
"An absolute winner!"
"Loved this! I didn't have potatoes but had a variety of other veggies so I adjusted the time accordingly. Loved the spinach on top. So good! Love these one sheet meals. quick and easy!"
"This recipe is so easy and delicious! Perfect for a busy weeknight or even when you have company. The roasted spinach and potatoes give it that Ina Garten touch. Love it!"
"Very tasty and extremely easy!"
"I made it as written except I used Herbes de Provence instead of Rosemary b/c I was out of rosemary. This was great. My kids loved the chicken and my DH and I loved the whole meal. This would be easy to swap out different vegetables based on what you had."
"So good! Love the spinach, and the versatility of this recipe. Perfect as is, or can add or switch out veggie options depending on what you have on hand. Carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus....so many options! Easy prep, easy clean up too!"