- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 6 medium), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs (about 2-1/4 pounds), skin removed
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach (about 6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to coat. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika and the remaining salt, rosemary and pepper. Sprinkle chicken with paprika mixture; arrange over vegetables. Roast until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are just tender, 35-40 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Top vegetables with spinach. Roast until vegetables are tender and spinach is wilted, 8-10 minutes longer. Stir vegetables to combine; serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pan-Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
"So good! Love the spinach, and the versatility of this recipe. Perfect as is, or can add or switch out veggie options depending on what you have on hand. Carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, brussel sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus....so many options! Easy prep, easy clean up too!"
"Delicious! Tasty, easy, & so good. Didn't change a thing - great flavor, and moist chicken! Nice option for company and a great 1 pan meal. A new favorite & will definitely make again!"
"Made this last night and it was terrific! I did not have potatoes but added baby carrots and accompanied with rice. I used poultry seasoning in place of rosemary, doubled the garlic and the paprika. Will make this again and try other veggies like Brussels sprouts and kale."
"A very quick and easy meal that tastes great"
"This was excellent! Loved the flavor! I didn't change a thing, roasted for 40 minutes, a few more minutes after adding spinach. Everything was perfect, the chicken very moist. Along with a roasted acorn squash made an excellent meal!"
"Very nice recipe. Made as is, but next time I will add other veggies with the meal."
"This was good for a quick and easy weeknight meal. We added green beans and a little freshly ground nutmeg and crushed red pepper flakes on the spinach."
"LOVED this dish! I actually "baked" it on my grill...just put the pan on the grates and let it go...it was sooooo good! Have made it a couple of times now."
"This is simple to make and delicious."
"This was awesome!!!! My picky husband loved it!"