Overnight Salad Recipe
A co-worker shared this recipe with me several years ago. It's never failed to be a hit when I serve it at a brunch or take it to a picnic or potluck. An added advantage is the fact you make it the day before - one less thing to worry about if you're entertaining or need to bring a "dish to pass" somewhere.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- Drain oranges, reserving juice. Place pudding mix in a small saucepan; whisk in the lemon juice, pineapple juice, water and reserved orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool.
- Add the pineapple, oranges and marshmallows. Fold in whipped topping. Chill overnight. Just before serving, fold in banana. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Salad in Country Extra May 1993, p51
Reviews for Overnight Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2010
Have made this at least 10 times and gotten rave reviews every time.
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2008
If you are a Weight Watcher this is only 3 points per portion. But you can lighten it up. Just check out the ingredients and see the possibilities.