"For flavorful, moist and tender chicken, try this marinade," suggests Julie Lake from Anchorage, Alaska. "The sesame seeds cling well to season the meat. We also like this mixture on chicken wings, beef short ribs and pork."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, skin side down, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°
Nutrition Facts1 each: 344 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 2885mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken in Taste of Home December/January 2002