Overnight Asparagus Strata Recipe
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Arrange six English muffin halves in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, cut side up. Trim remaining muffin halves to fill spaces. Layer with 1 cup cheese, asparagus, ham and red pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, mustard and pepper. Pour over top. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Overnight Asparagus Strata(13)
Sort By :
Great recipe! I have made this often since it was first published. My family enjoys it for a light supper. A keeper!
Wonderful blend of flavors! I made this for a potluck and it was very well received. Leftovers are ok, definitely not as good as fresh out of the oven. I will definitely make this again and maybe experiment with the ingredients for a new flavor combination. Thanks for an easy, very tasty recipe!
I enjoyed everything about this recipe. The convenience of preparing it all the night before and just sprinkling a little cheese on top and baking it in the morning. Amazing eye appeal. The flavor combination was perfect. A very filling and satisying breakfast.
Wonderful !!! No need to overnight if you press the muffins into the milk to saturate them. Making this for Father's Day ! Yummo !
Wonderful ! We just loved this & I didn't make it the night before. I pressed the muffins into the milk, so I didn't need to overnight it. I am making it for Fathers Day !
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >