- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews for Orange Rhubarb Bread
Sort By :
"Dilli: Why would you try to rate something you haven't actually tried? That's cheating!"
"Only 3/4 cup flour? Is this correct. I could only give it 3 stars because I don't know if the recipe is correct."
"good but not sure I would make again."
"This is a great way to use up so much rhubarb. Everyone that has tried this bread really loves it. I cut extra rhubarb up and freeze in 1 1/2 cup bags to make this in the winter months. I also tripled the recipe to make two full large loaves. Need to adjust cooking and cooling times however."
"Have made this over and over1 It is yummy and my 3 little nephews love it! I have made this as mini loafs and many times as muffins, sprinkling sugar over the top before baking. And always use the all the zest of one orange. Try it!"