I've been baking for more than 50 years and still feel like an artist creating a masterpiece of love. Make extra loaves of this olive bread to give away. —Paula Marchesi, Lenhartsville, PA
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup each chopped pitted green and ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, rosemary, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and melted butter until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in 1/4 cup cheese, olives and onion.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Olive & Onion Quick Bread in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews for Olive & Onion Quick Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2016
"I really thought this was going to be sooper but the flavor was poor. :("