This was created one night when I had little time to cook. It's so quick and satisfying, that many of my friends have adopted the recipe themselves.—Linda Harris, Wichita, Kansas
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, prepare potatoes according to package directions, using 1/4 cup oil. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage, apples and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until apples and onion are tender.
- Spread sausage mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, over medium-low heat 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings
Originally published as O'Brien Sausage Skillet in Country Woman January/February 2004, p35
Reviews for O'Brien Sausage Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review