1 serving: 377 calories, 21g fat (6g sat. fat), 61mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, prepare potatoes according to package directions, using 1/4 cup oil. Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add kielbasa, apples and onion; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Spoon sausage mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Cook, covered, 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as O'Brien Sausage Skillet in Country Woman January/February 2004, p35
Reviews for O'Brien Sausage Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"My husband loved it. He referred to this dish as "guy food". Instead of frozen potatoes I used fresh. I also used an organic pork apple sausage instead of the polish/kielbasa that the recipe called for."