O'Brien Sausage Skillet Recipe
This was created one night when I had little time to cook. It's so quick and satisfying, that many of my friends have adopted the recipe themselves.Linda Harris, Wichita, Kansas
- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the sausage, apples and onion in oil for 10 minutes or until apples and onion are tender; drain.
- Spoon the sausage mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as O'Brien Sausage Skillet in Country Woman January/February 2004, p35
Reviews for O'Brien Sausage Skillet(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
My husband loved it. He referred to this dish as "guy food". Instead of frozen potatoes I used fresh. I also used an organic pork apple sausage instead of the polish/kielbasa that the recipe called for.