Maple Sausage Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vegetables; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in syrup and pepper; heat through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups (calculated without rice): 472 calories, 34g fat (11g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1244mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
May 12, 2019
A wonderful combination of ingredients. Easy to make. It's a keeper!
Apr 17, 2019
This was a really quick and easy recipe. I modified by first cooking the peppers and onions (I didn't use celery) as I like my onions to caramelize a bit. I then added the kielbasa, followed by the maple syrup and spices. I added a dash of crushed red pepper to give it a kick! I served it over egg noodles instead of rice as I saw in another review. Yum!
Jan 9, 2015
Jan 5, 2012
Very good! Served it over noodles instead of rice and it was tasty. Will make often!
Sep 30, 2008
When I make stir fry for dinner this is my husbands #1 request.I added some red peppers and carrots to this. Was easy and quick to fix, this is a family favorite, just a hint of maple flavoring. It is a keeper in our household.