- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 medium)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until blended.
- Place half of the potatoes in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; layer with half of the onion and cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Never-Fail Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
"made per directions and was very bland needs something to spice it up it tasted like flour to me, I even added extra onions and cheese and pepper, will not make again unless I can figure out what to add to make it more tastee."
"Very delicious! Will make again!"
"Not a favorite. Flavor was bland. I prefer to use cream of mushroom or celery soup in scalloped potatoes along with the cheese."
"OMGosh! As easy as this was with "fresh" potatoes, the second time I made it, I cut the prep time down even further with a bag of frozen (but thawed) hash brown potatoes. I doubled the sauce (and the cheese) and topped it off at the end with French's Fried Onions (sprinkled on, then turned the oven off for about 10 min-15 min while I put the rest of the meal on the table). YUM!"
"Not impressed...definitely didn't have enough sauce. Flavor wasn't bad, but I wouldnt make again."