- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1-3/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 5 medium)
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- In a small nonstick skillet, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until blended.
- Place half of the potatoes in a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray; layer with half of the onion and cheese sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Never-Fail Scalloped Potatoes
Sort By :
"Our Family loves this Scalloped Potatoes recipe."
"Love this recipe! However, I had to double the sauce. The first batch didn't even cover 1 layer fully. I also added some dried chives to the sauce and it added so much flavor! Yum."
"I'm sorry Agnes, I've been making scalloped potatoes for 47 plus years. This is not a keeper in our house. You over engineer it with the layers, not necessary."
"Step #2 tells when to add the onions."
"It calls for onion in the list of ingredients, but the directions don't mention when you add them. Do you cook them with the sauce?? Just wondering."