My grandsons rave over these creamy potatoes loaded with Parmesan. That’s all the endorsement I need. Sometimes I use golden or red potatoes, with skins on. —Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, CA
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup 2% milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes; return to pot and stir over low heat 1 minute to dry.
- Coarsely mash potatoes, gradually adding butter, sour cream, cheese, seasonings and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in parsley. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Nanny's Parmesan Mashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Nanny's Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2016
"Yum! I made a 1/2 recipe."