My grandsons rave over these creamy potatoes loaded with Parmesan. That’s all the endorsement I need. Sometimes I use golden or red potatoes, with skins on. —Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, California
Featured In: Top 10 Comfort Food Recipes
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup 2% milk, warmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a 6-qt. stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes; return to pot and stir over low heat 1 minute to dry.
- Coarsely mash potatoes, gradually adding butter, sour cream, cheese, seasonings and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Stir in parsley. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Nanny's Parmesan Mashed Potatoes in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Nanny's Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2017 Edited Apr. 17, 2017
"These are delicious. Just made them for supper. Its a keeper."
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2016
"Yum! I made a 1/2 recipe."