Mushroom Sausage Strata Recipe
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 10 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the sausage, mushrooms and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Sausage Strata(6)
Sort By :
I did leave out the worcestershire, and used ham and sausage, best strata I have ever had! Made it for my friends and they all had to have the recipie, what a hit! Also had to use evaported milk because I did not have 1/2 &1/2.
I actually made this for dinner tonight. I stumbled upon it while looking for something to do with ground sausage. I sauteed an onion with the sausage, used 12 ounces of mushrooms, and used skim milk and fat free half and half. I just had it in the fridge for an hour or so. This was a nice surprise. Everyone liked it. I will make this again.
you can also use hash browns instead of the bread
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >