- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 10 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the sausage, mushrooms and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour over the cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Mushroom Sausage Strata
Sort By :
"This is a keeper recipe. This breakfast or brunch casserole was delicious and very easy to put together. I also agree that you could use hashbrowns in this recipe instead of bread. I will make this recipe for my family again and definitely recommend it to friends."
"I love sausage stratas and hash browns are NOT as good as bread in them. Don't fall for that!"
"I did leave out the worcestershire, and used ham and sausage, best strata I have ever had! Made it for my friends and they all had to have the recipie, what a hit! Also had to use evaported milk because I did not have 1/2 &1/2."
"I actually made this for dinner tonight. I stumbled upon it while looking for something to do with ground sausage. I sauteed an onion with the sausage, used 12 ounces of mushrooms, and used skim milk and fat free half and half. I just had it in the fridge for an hour or so. This was a nice surprise. Everyone liked it. I will make this again."