I really like mushrooms with cheese. Add pears, broil away and you’ve got a scrumptious open-face sandwich. Serve with a salad and fruity tea. —Marla Hyatt, St. Paul, MN
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh shiitake or baby portobello mushrooms (about 10 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 large ripe Bosc pears, thinly sliced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Place toasts on a rack of a broiler pan. Top with mushrooms; layer with pears and cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mushroom Pear Melts in Simple & Delicious October/November 2015
Reviews for Mushroom Pear Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2015
"Easy and very tasty!"