- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 round (16 ounces) Brie cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Apple slices
- 2 dried cranberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut off corners to make a circle. Spread jam into a 4-1/2-in. circle in center of pastry. Place Brie on top; fold pastry over cheese, trimming as necessary, and pinch edges to seal. Beat egg and water; brush over pastry.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet, seam side down. Roll remaining pastry into a 14-in. square. Cut four 1-in. strips; cut strips in half crosswise. Wrap strips around Brie, trimming as necessary. Discard scraps. Bake 10 minutes; brush again with egg wash. Bake until golden brown, 10-15 minutes more. For eyes, cut two circles from apple slices; place on top of Brie. Top each circle with a dried cranberry. Serve warm with apple slices. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Mummy-Wrapped Brie in Halloween Bookazine 2015 2015, p86
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Mummy-Wrapped Brie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2016
"Loved the original recipe. for Hallowe'en, though, I would use red pepper jelly or a red chutney ."