- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 6 pitted ripe olives, quartered
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoonful into each tart shell. Top each with an olive piece; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 dozen.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets
Sort By :
"I made these today, wanted to see if they would be a good Thanksgiving appetizer...they are sooo yummy! I doubled the amount of garlic and added a little salt with the other seasonings. I will definately be serving these on turkey day!"
"Easy to make. Tastes great."
"Very easy to make, went over well. Makes exactly 24."