Convenient frozen phyllo shells add to this impressive appetizer's easy preparation. Although I make them year-round, they're especially tasty with garden-fresh tomatoes.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups seeded chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pepper to taste
- 24 frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 6 pitted ripe olives, quartered
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes; cook until liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the mozzarella cheese, basil and pepper.
- Spoon 1 teaspoonful into each tart shell. Top each with an olive piece; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 5-8 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mozzarella Tomato Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review