Mozzarella Beef Roll-Ups Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 6 pieces (1 ounce each) string cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and oregano.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup beef mixture off-center on a tortilla; top with a piece of string cheese. Fold one side of tortilla over filling and roll up from the opposite side. Repeat.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Mozzarella Beef Roll-Ups
Sort By :
"I've actually made this one a couple of times. Very fast, easy, yummy recipe."
"This was a quick and delicious recipe. I made it for a Saturday lunch when everyone was home and they loved it. The picky eaters of course didn't like the green peppers and onion, but I thought it was a really interesting, easy recipe. Will make again!!!"
"Kids loved it too!"
"would probably make again, not real fond of it though..."
"Didn't like that the shells dried out in the oven. Would have liked it more burrito style. I might try it again with shredded mozzie so it doesn't take so long to melt and get a softer shell that way. Of course the kids hated the green pepper (can't hurt to try) so they will have to be omitted."