- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Sweet Potato Bake
"Tried this instead of my usual sweet potatoes this Thanksgiving . The group really liked them . I think the vanilla really another layer of flavor that every one liked .I will be making this recipe many times in the future ."
"I wanted to try a more simple recipe for Thanksgiving, without the marshmallows. I agree this is a great recipe and a keeper. Everyone loved it"
"Wow...this was excellent! This recipe is a keeper! Thank you Sandi for sharing this with us :) Some of my family members do not care for sweet potatoes and they tried these and loved them!"
"Very good! I only used 3/4 c. of sugar though, as that seemed sweet enough."
"I'v been making this a few years now & it is now officially been added as a family tradition. The first year, my cousin was helping putting away leftovers & hid it in the back so no one else would take any home & there would be more for her! It really is that good too!"
"I've been making these for years! Family members request these every holiday. It's a "must have" at our table for sure! I clipped from Taste of Home many years ago! Everyone will be very happy you made them!"
"This dish is a Thanksgiving tradition for my family. My children and husband absolutely love it! They look forward to the holiday season every year when mom will make the sweet potato dish! I make about 3 of them, one to take to in-laws, my parents, and one to have at home."
"Almost exactly like the one I make every year for Thanksgiving, except mine has a little coconut in the potatoes. Yummy and always a hit."
"I always made a sweet potato dish for Thanksgiving. This one is the best. I leave the sweet potatoes a little chunky and add some chopped up apple. Relish!!!!"