- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Sweet Potato Bake
Sort By :
Fantastic! I'll defiantly make again!
We never have leftovers of this dish, so I've started adding in more sweet potatoes and keeping everything else the same. I used 5 cups this last time and it still tasted sweet and delicious, plus I got the leftovers I wanted.
The best sweet potatoes I've made
I never made sweet potato casserole before, so I chose this one as it looked easy. It was delicious! My family now wants me to make it for every occasion I can. The recipe is perfect as it is.
This was a big hit at our Thanksgiving table. One person who has always passed up sweet potatoes decided to try it when I told him that if he liked pumpkin pie (which he does), then he'd like this. He ended up taking seconds and requested some of the leftover dish to take home!