- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Sweet Potato Bake
Sort By :
"I had some left over sweet potatoes that I had baked. I searched TOH and found this recipe. It was very tasty. I did add more pecans, because I love pecans. I am going to double the recipe for Thanksgiving."
"One word GREAT"
"Wonderful recipe, love the topping."
"This was a hit at my Thanksgiving! Very easy to make. I prepped it in the morning, and threw it in the oven as soon as the turkey came out."
"This was the second year I have made this for Thanksgiving and again it was a HUGE success. The only thing I do differently is add marshmallows 15 minutes before end of baking time. Everyone loves this dish!"