- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Sweet Potato Bake
"Fantastic! I left out the pecans though...."
"I was hesitant to change my recipe, but I went ahead and tried this one and boy, am I glad I did. These were incredible. Now I'll be making this casserole year round, rather than just for the holidays. Thanks so much for sharing your mom's delicious recipe, Sandi. Merry Christmas!"
"5 stars though I may add another potato to make the deliciousness go further!"
"So delicious and easy!"
"I get big-eyed begs that I bring this every Thanksgiving, it's that good. I use garnets for their gorgeous color."
"I had some left over sweet potatoes that I had baked. I searched TOH and found this recipe. It was very tasty. I did add more pecans, because I love pecans. I am going to double the recipe for Thanksgiving."
"One word GREAT"
"Wonderful recipe, love the topping."
"This was a hit at my Thanksgiving! Very easy to make. I prepped it in the morning, and threw it in the oven as soon as the turkey came out."
"This was the second year I have made this for Thanksgiving and again it was a HUGE success. The only thing I do differently is add marshmallows 15 minutes before end of baking time. Everyone loves this dish!"