- 3 cups cold mashed sweet potatoes (prepared without milk or butter)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a large bowl, beat the sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, salt and vanilla until smooth. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Mom's Sweet Potato Bake
Sort By :
"Yum!!! I omitted the nuts because of allergies, and it was still delicious. I baked it for about 10 minutes longer than what the recipe calls for, which made the topping crispier n the inside a little firmer. I made 1 dish, n it got gobbled up! I think I'll make 2 next time!"
"This was voted the new family tradition sweet potato recipe in the middle of Thanksgiving Day dinner. I don't intend to change a thing, it's perfect as is."
"Almost like a pumpkin pie."
"This dish has great flavor and texture. I used 1/4c brown sugar instead of the cup of granulated sugar the recipe called for. It was plenty sweet enough and the brown sugar imparts added flavor."
"excellent recipe I am asked for this every year with my twist...i use 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup pure maple syrup in the potatos."