When our sons come home at Thanksgiving to hunt with their dad, I make this pie recipe from Grandma Fetting. We celebrate Thanksgiving in our cabin in the northwoods, a 40-year-old tradition.—Lois Fetting, Nelson, Wisconsin
Featured In: Top 10 Pecan Pies
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Whipped topping
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Beat in pumpkin and molasses; gradually add milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Reduce heat 350°; bake 28-32 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Molasses Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p48
Reviews for Molasses Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2012
"This pie was great. The first piece was a little strong but the next day I tried it and loved it."
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2011