- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- Whipped topping
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Beat in pumpkin and molasses; gradually add milk. Pour into crust. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Reduce heat 350°; bake 28-32 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 2 hours. Chill until ready to serve. Serve with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Molasses Pumpkin Pie in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p48
Reviews for Molasses Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 26, 2012
"This pie was great. The first piece was a little strong but the next day I tried it and loved it."
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2011
"this pie is delic.the taste is reminiscent of the woods, yet NOT overpowering-really has good flavoring. My daughter hasa potassium problem so I always have to use Grandma's Molasses in everything- this recipe came in handy for Thanksgiving and for everyda use. Good texture--good taste."