- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds cod or haddock
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning or paprika
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Melted butter
- Lemon wedges
- Cut fillets into 2-in. x 2-in. pieces; place in a large skillet. Cover with water. Add salt and seafood seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Cover with cold water. Add vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain. Serve with melted butter and lemon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mock Lobster
Sort By :
I made this exactly as the recipe said. It had no flavor and was way over cooked. I used to make monk fish very similar to this recipe, but I can't find monk fish anymore. This was a real disappointment.