When I want a quick fish dinner, this is the mouthwatering recipe I turn to. My husband and I like the flavor so much that I serve it a couple times a month.—Gloria Jarrett, Loveland, Ohio
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds cod or haddock
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning or paprika
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- Melted butter
- Lemon wedges
- Cut fillets into 2-in. x 2-in. pieces; place in a large skillet. Cover with water. Add salt and seafood seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Cover with cold water. Add vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain. Serve with melted butter and lemon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Mock Lobster in Country Woman November/December 1997, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mock Lobster
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review