Mock Crab Louis Salad
“Come spring, I like a meal that doesn’t involve turning on the stove,” pens Alice Cibulka of Sun City, Arizona. “This hearty salad is quick, filling and fantastic. I round it out with lemonade, ice cream and a bunch of daffodils.”
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 3/4 cup cubed imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 hard-boiled large egg, cut into wedges
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the peas, crab, celery, onion and green pepper. Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; pour over crab mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Serve on a lettuce-lined plate with egg and tomato.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 560 calories, 39g fat (6g saturated fat), 242mg cholesterol, 1132mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Crab Louis Salad in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.