Mock Strawberry Margaritas
These refreshing strawberry smoothies from our home economists pair well with spicy Mexican fare. They're a fun addition to any table.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 lime wedges
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 25 ice cubes
- Using lime wedges, moisten the rim of six glasses. Set limes aside for garnish. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar on a plate; hold each glass upside down and dip rim into sugar. Set aside. Discard remaining sugar on plate.
- In a blender, combine the water, limeade concentrate, strawberries, ice cubes and remaining sugar; cover and blend until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with reserved limes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 149 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Mock Margarita in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.