Mini Hot Browns Recipe
My Mini Hot Browns are a smaller version of the famous Hot Brown sandwich. Guests quickly saddle up for juicy turkey slices and crispy bacon, piled on toasted rye bread and then topped with a rich cheese sauce. —Annette Grahl Midway, Kentucky
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 18 slices snack rye bread
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; stir in cream and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place bread slices on two baking sheets. Layer each with turkey, onion and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Hot Browns in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p15
Reviews for Mini Hot Browns(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2013
Great Kentucky tradition. Back home they add a slice of tomato in lieu of a slice of onion. For me, I like to have both on my hot brown.
Reviewed May. 25, 2012
Delicious and very easy
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2011
This is wonderful....quick and delious.....perfect for Bunco get together....
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baked Turkey >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Sandwiches >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >