- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 18 slices snack rye bread
- 6 ounces sliced deli turkey
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°. Dissolve bouillon in water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; add cream and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
- Place bread on two baking sheets. Layer each with turkey, onion and cheese mixture. Sprinkle with bacon. Bake until heated through, 10-12 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Hot Browns in Taste of Home April/May 2007, p15
Reviews for Mini Hot Browns
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2013
"Great Kentucky tradition. Back home they add a slice of tomato in lieu of a slice of onion. For me, I like to have both on my hot brown."
Reviewed May. 25, 2012
"Delicious and very easy"
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2011
"This is wonderful....quick and delious.....perfect for Bunco get together...."