Microwaved Cod Recipe
The original recipe for this entree came from my grandmother, who baked it in the oven. Today, the fish, which has a pleasant lemon-and-herb flavor, cooks quickly in the microwave. My family has always raved about it.—Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pepper to taste
- Place the fillets in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes; drain. Add wine or broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, chives, parsley, tarragon and pepper.
- Cover and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Microwaved Cod in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p21
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Microwaved Cod
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2010
"I thought it tasted fine, but my husband said it was too rubbery for him."