- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups water
- In a bowl, combine the bouillon, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 5 tablespoons.
- To prepare rice: In a saucepan, saute rice, onion and green pepper in butter until rice is lightly browned. Stir in water and 5 teaspoons seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Rice Mix
Sort By :
"Hi Betty,The recipe makes 3 batches that are 4-6 servings each prepared. Hope that clarifies.Sue StetzelOnline Community / Field Editor ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
"Confusing - says it makes 12-18 servings by prep time. And then at the end of prepare ric it states yield is 4-6 servings? ????"
"I enjoyed the onions and peppers in this dish, but it was inedibly salty! I wouldn't even add the extra salt in the mix because the bouillon is salty enough."
"This recipe was really good. It is a bit salty but I like stuff salty. If you like a dryer rice, I would suggest less water like the other reviews said. I couldn't get mine to brown but I think its because I used onion powder instead of chopped onions. This is the first time I ever attempted to make Mexican rice (usually by it in the box) and my husband and I both loved it. Its so easy! I will definitely make this often!"
"We really enjoyed this rice. I did reduce the salt a bit. I am now planning to make it for the third time:)"