- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2-1/2 cups water
- In a bowl, combine the bouillon, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 5 tablespoons.
- To prepare rice: In a saucepan, saute rice, onion and green pepper in butter until rice is lightly browned. Stir in water and 5 teaspoons seasoning mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Rice Mix
Sort By :
"I enjoyed the onions and peppers in this dish, but it was inedibly salty! I wouldn't even add the extra salt in the mix because the bouillon is salty enough."
"This recipe was really good. It is a bit salty but I like stuff salty. If you like a dryer rice, I would suggest less water like the other reviews said. I couldn't get mine to brown but I think its because I used onion powder instead of chopped onions. This is the first time I ever attempted to make Mexican rice (usually by it in the box) and my husband and I both loved it. Its so easy! I will definitely make this often!"
"We really enjoyed this rice. I did reduce the salt a bit. I am now planning to make it for the third time:)"
"I made this dish today because my 9 yr old son loves Mexican food and had been asking for Mexican rice for a long time. The mix was quite easy to put together since I had all the ingredients on hand. Changes I made, I reduced the water as suggested by the other revewers. It came out perfect. This recipe is a keeper."
"Great side dish! I made this with tacos and my husband (very picky), loved it and said it's a keeper. I would probably use just a bit less salt in the mix since the chicken bouillon is salty in itself and I did cut back on the water just using a little more than 2 cups. As good as Zatarains according to my husband and the nice part is I always have the ingredients on hand!"