"Serve this hearty entree with Spanish rice, homemade salsa and tortilla chips," recommends Lucy Shifton, Wichita, Kansas. "I've also made it without ground beef, and our friends who are vegetarians requested the recipe."
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) uncooked manicotti shells
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the uncooked beef, beans, chili powder and oregano. Spoon into uncooked manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine water and picante sauce; pour over shells. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; spoon sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with cheese, onions and olives if desired. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Manicotti in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p51
Reviews for Mexican Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review