- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) uncooked manicotti shells
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the uncooked beef, beans, chili powder and oregano. Spoon into uncooked manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine water and picante sauce; pour over shells. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; spoon sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with cheese, onions and olives if desired. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Manicotti
Sort By :
"Great taste...easy to make...turned out a little watery...next time I will cut down the amount of water!"
"My mother used to make this when I was a kid, and it was one of my favorite dinners. I've recently gotten married and I decided to test this recipe on my husband... He absolutely loved it!"
"My family and I really enjoyed this dish! Especially great was the ease in preparation- all done the night before and just pop in the oven the next day! Great tasting too!"
"I cut the recipe in half. I only had time to refrigerate for 2 hours and it came out fine."
"Hubby Loved this but would not use 2 1/2 cups water. Was a little to soupy but otherwise delicious. And yes use UNCOOKED beef."