Mexican Manicotti Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 2-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) uncooked manicotti shells
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the uncooked beef, beans, chili powder and oregano. Spoon into uncooked manicotti shells; arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine water and picante sauce; pour over shells. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; spoon sour cream over the top. Sprinkle with cheese, onions and olives if desired. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Manicotti(9)
Sort By :
I cut the recipe in half. I only had time to refrigerate for 2 hours and it came out fine.
Hubby Loved this but would not use 2 1/2 cups water. Was a little to soupy but otherwise delicious. And yes use UNCOOKED beef.
Made this recipe a couple of weeks ago and I am just getting around to rating it. This is a great recipe for a family during the workweek because there is not a lot you need to do to prepare. First night we thought it was a little soggy, buy the leftovers were fabulous.
We eat meatless dinners twice a week, and this recipe is easy to modify. I prepare one box of Spanish Rice, and combine it with the refried beans in place of the ground beef. Delicious!
My family loves this dish. I add a little salt and pepper and garlic to the mix.
Its so easy to put together, I use my husbands jerky gun to fill the mannicotti shells, it makes fast work of a triple batch.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >