Mexican-Inspired Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup salsa, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1/2 cup torn curly endive
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup salsa, cheese, paprika, oregano, cumin, sugar, garlic powder, thyme, salt and cayenne. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four burgers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and remaining salsa. Place burgers on buns; top with endive, tomato and sour cream mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Mexican-Inspired Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
A pleasant surprise! Too many turkey burgers are bland and tasteless--not these! My husband is generally skeptical of turkey burgers, but he really liked these; I'll make them again--soon! I omitted the sugar; I don't like any hint of sweetness in a burger. Otherwise I made them as written and cooked them on an indoor electric grill.
this is my go to recipe for turkey burgers best tasting by far
These are the BEST!!! Love them on the grill!!Also I throw in some fresh ciltrano..yum yum
So many spices and so little flavor. I broiled the burgers 2 minutes/side and they were dry and just not very good!
I was a little hesitant to make this because I haven't had the best luck w/turkey burgers but I was amazed at how good these were. Will make again!