Mexican Chicken Bake Recipe
A cozy comforting home-cooked meal doesn't have to take hours to make, writes Linda Humphreys of Buchanan, Michigan. "I've had this recipe for 30 years. Since my kids, grandkids and guests of all ages request it often and it takes only about 30 minutes to make, I have it at least once every other month!"
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 3 to 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups (12 ounces) Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and jalapeno peppers in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Stir in the rice, chicken, 2 cups cheese and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Chicken Bake in Country Woman January/February 2004, p41
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Casserole >
- Chicken Casserole Recipes >
- Chicken Casseroles >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >