- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2-1/2 pounds), broken into florets
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place 1 in. of water and cauliflower in a large saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, covered, 10-12 minutes or until soft. Drain.
- Mash cauliflower to desired consistency. Stir in 1/2 cup cheese, cream, butter and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and, if desired, parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan
"I can't wait to try this. Does anyone know if this can be frozen. I would like to put into single serving containers for future meals."
"Tasty side dish!"
"A great way to perk up cauliflower! Serving it mashed makes it easy to add things. Next time, since our family likes thicker sauces. I might add flour to the butter and cream to make a roux to add the cheese to."
"Delicious! I cut the recipe in 1/2. It was a new and tasty way to enjoy cauliflower."
"Zorns makes mashed cauliflower to die for, this recipe is just like theirs-I've been looking for their recipe & this is it. I added extra parmesan to the cauliflower, salt & pepper on the top. Delicious. Easy & quick, we thought it was a great way to eat fresh cauliflower. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow. i might add garlic to the next batch I make, it will be made again & again."
"I made this last night for my mother, who loves cauliflower. It was absolutely delicious. Thank goodness I had some left over, because she wanted it again tonight. I added a little milk tonight to moisten it up, because it had been in the refrigerator since last night. It really is easy and quick to make."
"I have mashed cauliflower before, but the addition of the Parmesan Cheese makes this recipe extra special. We loved it. As a volunteer field editor, I rate this recipe 5 stars, and I am going to tell all my friends about it, and how easy it is to make!"