- 2 large heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cauliflower in a stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Mash cauliflower; stir in cheeses, cubed butter and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and melted butter until evenly coated; sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.
- Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Mashed Cauliflower au Gratin
Sort By :
"Mmmm - great combination. I put in three dollops of organic sour cream, 1/2 tsp. granulated garlic, moistened with 1/2 cup cooking water, 1 cup grated Parmesan & skipping the bread crumbs. Putting the cheese combo on top to bake."
"This was very good. I didn't have the steak seasoning or the garlic salt so I just added salt and pepper. I will definitely make this again."
"we loved it"
"Excellent! The whole family loved it."
"I just loved it :) Easy to prepare"