- 2 large heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Italian-style panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cauliflower in a stockpot; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until very tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Mash cauliflower; stir in cheeses, cubed butter and seasonings. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and melted butter until evenly coated; sprinkle over cauliflower mixture. Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Mashed Cauliflower Au Gratin in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p79
Reviews for Mashed Cauliflower au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2015
"This was very good. I didn't have the steak seasoning or the garlic salt so I just added salt and pepper. I will definitely make this again."
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2014
"we loved it"
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2014
"Excellent! The whole family loved it."
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2013
"I just loved it :) Easy to prepare"
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2013