Marinated Pork Roast Recipe
In Moberly, Missouri, Andrea Schumann relies on honey, white wine and a little lemon juice for a low-carb entree that everyone enjoys. "The marinade has a light, flavorful taste that works well with any cut of pork," she promises.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add pork roast. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning several times.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place roast on a rack in a shallow foil-lined roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the wine or broth, honey and brown sugar. Brush half over the meat. Bake 15 minutes longer. Brush with remaining honey mixture. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Pork Roast in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p24
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Marinated Pork Roast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >