- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Pour into the pie shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and continue baking for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Maple Sugar Pumpkin Pie in Country October/November 1992, p51
Reviews for Maple Sugar Pumpkin Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2014
"I liked the hint of maple flavor. The consistency was a bit different than my normal pie. It was softer but it did melt in your mouth."
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2014
"Delicious twist on a classic!"
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2011
"Family favorite!! Great flavor. We use real maple syrup."