- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 12 pecan halves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix milk, butter, syrup and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Top each with a pecan half. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar and syrup; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Maple-Drizzled Apple Muffins
Sort By :
"I had high hopes for this recipe. These muffins are pretty sweet and I even opted to leave the icing off. This recipe really makes 13-14 muffins. I made 12, as suggested, and was concerned about the batter nearing the top of the cups. After baking the tops stuck to the top of the pan. I dont always use liners, but with this recipe I would and divide the batter as needed. I rated it a 3, because I love oat and apple baked goods. I would try again, reducing the sugar slightly and using liners."
"Five minutes after I placed the muffins in the oven...I found the melted butter! After baking for 17 minutes, the resulting "mistake" had a very nice texture and taste. I will not be adding butter to this recipe again. I've made this recipe correctly many times and it, too, is a five star rating."
"I love these! I've made them several times, and everyone loves them."
"Served these to brunch guests and they were a hit! Thanks for sharing."
"Delicious! I had to hide one from my family so I could at least get a taste."