Maple-Drizzled Apple Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 12 pecan halves
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In a small bowl, mix milk, butter, syrup and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Top each with a pecan half. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, mix confectioners' sugar and syrup; drizzle over muffins. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Maple-Drizzled Apple Muffins(7)
Sort By :
I love these! I've made them several times, and everyone loves them.
Served these to brunch guests and they were a hit! Thanks for sharing.
Delicious! I had to hide one from my family so I could at least get a taste.
Only thing I did differently was stir 1/2 c. chopped pecans into the muffin batter (which gave me a couple extra muffins). Although I usually prefer less sweet muffins, the flavor of these was wonderful! Even my one child who doesn't really care for muffins ate two!
I skipped the glaze. Very good warm. 12 servings is spot on - I cooked 18 minutes.