"My daughter substituted crushed malted milk balls in our favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe to create these crisp treats," explains Audrey Metzger from Larchwood, Iowa. "They're so yummy fresh from the oven."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons instant chocolate drink mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups malted milk balls, crushed
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, drink mix, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in malted milk balls.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Malted Milk Cookies in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p19
Reviews for Malted Milk Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review