Chocolate Malt Ball Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the oats, flours, milk powder, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in malted milk balls.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 158 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 18, 2019
This cookie is wonderful, my whole family loves it and is one of my husbands favorite. The malted milk balls really add to this cookies flavor. Great hot out of the oven or cooled. I get requests for this recipe anytime someone tastes it. Worth add to your collection.