Chocolate Malt Ball Cookies
I like malt ball candies, so I decided to create a cookie with mass appeal. The result: chewy cookies with fantastic flavor that you can amp up or tone down by varying the amount of malt powder. —Lynne Weddell, Vacaville, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped malted milk balls
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the oats, flours, milk powder, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in malted milk balls.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-14 minutes or until set and edges begin to brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 158 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 103mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as chocolate malt ball cookie in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.