Chocolate Mallow Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups Basic Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 20 large marshmallows, halved
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- In a bowl, combine the cookie dough, sugar, cocoa, egg and milk; mix well. Stir in pecans. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Press a marshmallow half onto the top of each cookie. Bake 2 minutes longer or until marshmallow is puffed. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a medium star tip. Fill bag with frosting. Pipe a star onto each cookie.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 140 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 7, 2015
dry cookies, not a hit with my kids
Dec 16, 2012
These cookies are LOVED by the old and young at heart. Super easy! Super tasty!
Aug 4, 2012
A unique version of the Basic Cookie Dough. Gloria (the Author), says she added sugar, cocoa, eggs, milk, chopped pecans, 20 large marxhmallows, halved, can of chocolate frosting, and 'pecan halves' to finish with. In the photo there is a chocolate icing star piped onto the puffed marshmallow - Gloria may top that chocolate with the pecan half? It has to be tried to resolve the questions.