- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions, adding the broccoli during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add the ham, cheeses, basil, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in tomato. Drain tortellini mixture; add to the pan and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Makeover Tempting Tortellini & Ham
Sort By :
The sauce was a bit thick and lumpy so I ended up adding a bit of chicken broth and using my immersion blender. I also used frozen broccoli and added a whole 16 oz. bag. Other than that, made as directed and was DELICIOUS comfort food. My daughter and husband both LOVED it. Will definitely make again.
Sauce was way too thick. Did not look very appealing. Tasted pastey.
this was absolutely delicious uhmmm didn't use fat free anything lol boyfriend said i'm definitely going to be making this again and my kid ate 2 platefuls he loved it and i didn't put tomatoes in it and it was still very good
I had to add more half and half. Sauce was very thick. Sauce has great flavor!
This was one of THE yummiest, flavorful dinners I've ever made! Thank you for contributing to such tummy joy!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Makeover Main Dish Recipes >