- 6 large potatoes
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fat-free Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 medium celery ribs, sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Scrub and cube potatoes; place in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add sugar and flour to the pan; stir in water until blended. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool completely. Stir in Miracle Whip and vinegar. Fold in cream.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, eggs, onion, celery seed and salt. Add dressing and bacon; stir until blended. Chill until serving. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Makeover Cleo's Potato Salad
Sort By :
yes i would make it again love it. Also i am looking to make Wanda Sage's Surprise Pudding. I do not know how to get it. Sounds delicious and can't wait to make it. Please help. Thanks Roni07
If you don't think the recipe is for you, SHUT UP. The rest of us will decide for ourselves whether to make ir again or even once.
The picture doesn't do justice to the potato salad. The colors match the salad and make it look unattractive; contrast color is needed to show the salad at its best. Wanda, I also would love to have your Surprise Pudding recipe. I'm new here so don't know how TOH handles requests like this. And you're right, moderation is the key.
The picture does not do justice to the potato salad. All the colors are pale and there is no color contrast with the salad to highlight it. I'd make the salad and enjoy it but again, Wanda is right, moderation is the key. It's not something to eat daily.
This recipe is DEFINITELY NOT HEALTHY by my standards...ie:bacon, whipping cream. Yikes!!