- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in egg, then egg white, beating well after each addition. Beat on high speed until light and fluffy. Stir in the bananas, applesauce, honey and extract. Combine the flours, baking soda and salt; gradually add to banana mixture just until moistened.
- Pour into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (10 slices).
Reviews for Makeover Banana Nut Bread
Sort By :
"its official! my son gave this dish his stamp of approval as the best Mexican dish he's ever eaten and he actually rushed home to eat the leftovers before anyone else could get to it. I made it exactly as written and it was delish!"
"Made these for lunch. WOW. GREAT. Added a few red pepper for a little kick."
"I have been making these since they originally came out.my grandkids love them and so do my husband and i. Leftovers freeze well. Very good!"
"I made this the day before and then baked it the next day. We really liked it"
"Excellent and have made it multiple times!"