- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature pretzels, broken
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Shape 1/4 cupfuls of dough into balls; place 3 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Loaded-Up Pretzel Cookies
"Great cookies! Easy to make and delicious! I buy M&Ms on clearance after Easter and after Christmas and freeze them to use all year long in these cookies and in monster cookies. Everyone loves the combination of ingredients in these cookies. I usually just make them with my black handled cookie scoop from King Arthur Flour. Can't remember the size, but I'd say probably 3 Tablespoon size. I have made them in the 1/4 cup scoop size and they are great that way, too! But, I've had some complaints from customers that my cookies are too big and they just want half of one--can you imagine! LOL!"
"Hi Marissa,You could use rice cereal instead. That would make a nice addition."
"Could u use something besides coconut"
"Great combination of flavors...a bit crispier than I like in a cookie though."
"These are delicious. I don't like coconut, so I replaced it with 1 cup butterscotch chips and another 1/2 cup of pretzels. The sweet/salty combination is really good."
"This is a great recipe. I wasn't sure if the "2 c. pretzels, broken" meant 2 cups pretzels 'before' they were broken or 2 cups broken pretzels so made them both ways - both turned out well but the first way were a little flatter. I used a medium Pampered Chef cookie scoop and got 4 1/2 dz. delicious cookies."
"Added pecans. Soooo good!"
"Perhaps my expectations for this cookie were too high after reading all the positive reviews. I didn't overbake them but they were rock hard nonetheless. In fact they were so hard I couldn't taste any of the added goodies - pretzels, coconut or M&M's. If I make them again, I'll use less flour and more coconut and pretzels - and perhaps use mini chocolate chips instead of M&Ms. A huge disappointment!"
"Every single time I make these cookies they disappear! The best cookie ever, hands down! Any function that I go to , these are the cookies everybody asks me to make. I love to make them with "seasonal" M&M's. My only adjustment is to make them smaller....more to go around!"