Coconut-Almond Cookie Bark
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 pounds
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat 6-8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring constantly. Transfer to a large bowl; cool 15 minutes.
- Whisk in sugars, egg and extract until smooth. In another bowl, whisk flour and salt; stir into sugar mixture. Fold in 1 cup coconut and 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Press into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 24-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer pan to a wire rack; sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Toast remaining coconut. Spread chocolate chips evenly over cookie. Sprinkle with remaining coconut; top with almonds. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or until chocolate is set. Break cookie into pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 ounce: 150 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 16, 2018
These are delicious! A crisp, buttery cookie bark that is satisfying and addictive. I did bump up the chocolate chips to 2 cups and spread the extra on the baked cookie to give a bit more chocolate glaze. Making two pans and giving them as Christmas gifts to the coworkers in pretty little bags. Thanks for a unique and now favorite recipe.